AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Marketing Manager - BRILINTA in Wilmington, Delaware
At AstraZeneca, every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As an Marketing Manager for BRILINTA, in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Marketing Manager contributes to the development of marketing plans to maximize the value of AstraZeneca's portfolio and pipeline. The Marketing Manager is responsible for working with the Brand Leadership team to develop and measure aspects of the brand strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the tactical execution of the marketing plan for the brand
· Work closely with Global Commercial Operations to support aspects of our messaging and execution to healthcare providers and patients
· Collaborate with the Brand Associate Directors to define and facilitate development of the brand’s promotional plan and programs, and ensure their consistency with brand strategy
· Partner with Business Insights and Market Research Team to define success metrics and analyze performance programs
· Collaborate with other functional areas and lead the review process to ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials.
· Participate in the annual operational planning process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objective
Please note relocation is not available for this position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or in the sciences
· Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
· Ability to manage complex projects
· Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
· Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· 3-5 yrs of pharmaceutical or healthcare related experience OR 3-5 yrs of marketing experience, 1-2 yrs in pharmaceutical industry
· Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing, or Science
· Pharmaceutical experience in Cardiovascular Metabolic Disease
· Prior HCP marketing experience
· In depth understanding of local healthcare system pricing and reimbursement
Exhibiting customer obsession and ability to put ourselves into the shoes of our customers and patients by engaging in a continuous learning journey that yields actionable insight.
· Uncover Insight Needs -- Ability to define the insight to uncover, the business questions to answer, and hypotheses to test
· Insight Generation -- Ability to collaborate with “Insight & Analytics” to identify the most efficient and effective approach to gather information via combinations of market research, KOL input, “in market” feedback, secondary analysis, or other methods; ability to synthesize findings and extract meaningful customer and market insight
· Customer Needs & Motivation -- Ability to know our patients and customers better than they know themselves through a deep continuous examination of the patient journey, customer values, and the factors that drive their behaviors and decision making, independent of customer’s relationship with our brand
· Metrics -- Ability to define metrics that enable assessment of brand strategy and marketing mix and to translate metrics data into actionable insight or recommendations
· Observable behaviors:
· Asking the right questions
· Utilizing the right tools & converting data into insight
· Deep understanding of customer values independent of the brand
· Measuring Performance to uncover insight that will inform strategy
Scientific Acumen & Life Cycle Management:
Leveraging the underlying science to create a compelling clinical platform, engage the scientific community, and develop a robust lifecycle plan.
· Clinical Acumen -- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the disease state as well as the clinical profile of our brand and competitor products (current & future)
· Scientific Narrative -- Ability to collaborate with Medical Affairs & Market Access to develop a compelling scientific narrative and economic value proposition for a given brand
· Scientific Community & Patient Advocacy -- Ability to galvanize key stakeholders in the scientific community around the scientific narrative, including KOLs and patient advocacy groups
· Product Label & Management -- Ability to shape a product label that has broad patient and customer value and ability to shape and assess attractiveness of clinical program to maximize asset potential from pre-launch to LOE
· Observable behaviors:
· Deeply understanding the disease state & clinical profile
· Developing a compelling clinical platform
· Galvanizing patients & the medical community
· Maximizing the clinical value of the asset
Strategic Clarity & Messaging
Identifying and developing a compelling strategic platform focused on a prioritized set of brand opportunities and founded on key insights.
· Market Opportunity & Assessment – Ability to identify and evaluate potential brand opportunities, based on clinical, market and customer insight.
· Strategy Development and Positioning – Ability to ruthlessly prioritize the most attractive brand opportunities, to develop a clear and compelling strategic plan, and to determine the unique space we would like to own in the mind of our customers (patients, HCPs, payers).
· Messaging – Ability to translate clinical and economic benefits into a compelling message platform.
· Observable behaviors:
· Identifying and evaluating potential opportunities
· Defining the market and what space to own within it
· Generating compelling insights-driven messaging
Marketing Mix & Execution
Executing the marketing strategy through a comprehensive, integrated multi-channel mix (e.g. salesforce, peer-to-peer education, digital, and social channels) that targets HCPs, payers, & patients.
· Integrated Multi-Channel Mix -- Ability to evaluate the full array of channels, to maximize the ROI by selecting the right channel mix, to execute it flawlessly, and to create integrated experiences.
· Differentiated Customer Experience -- Ability to aggregate or create compelling content and offerings delivered with the right cadence through the right channels, based on specific customer preference & desired behavior change
· Optimization/Closed Loop Marketing – Ability to understand and utilize patient and customer interaction data to deliver the “next best interaction” with content that builds off of previous interactions with the brand or AstraZeneca.
· Observable behaviors:
· Maximizing and integrating channels
· Delivering compelling experiences that drive action
· Leveraging data to build the “next best interaction”
General Manager Acumen
Mobilizing and inspiring our brand teams as well as the broader organization to execute the brand vision and strategy, drive performance, and foster innovation.
· Stakeholder Alignment & Enterprise Leadership -- Ability to influence, lead, and inspire a team of cross-functional partners by articulating clear patient-focused vision and objectives, communicating clear expectations, and holding key stakeholders accountable without direct authority
· Financial Acumen and Operational Leadership -- Ability to understand and articulate brand performance, including drivers of revenue and contribution (P&L); ability to adjust strategic/operational direction to drive performance; ability to influence and understand implications of manufacturing/supply decisions and pricing/contracting strategies
· Landscape and Healthcare Environment -- Ability to monitor and extrapolate key trends in the US market and their relevance to brand/TA, and to engage in shaping the external environment through collaborations or other ventures. Ability to operate within AstraZeneca’s legal, regulatory, and compliance guidelines
· Innovation -- Ability to identify and test breakthrough, “moonshot” ideas and apply learnings to brand strategy
· Observable behaviors:
· Leading across boundaries to drive results
· Understanding & influencing key performance drivers
· Adapting strategy & operations based on external drivers
· Fostering innovation, experimentation, & efficient scaling
· External Agency Account Manager
· Business insights and analytics
· HCP Marketing Manager
Number of Direct reports: NA
· HCP Marketing
· Commercial Ops
· Corporate Affairs
· Patient Groups
· (TA) Healthcare Professionals
· Local and International Thought Leaders in TA Disease
· Healthcare system providers
· Pricing and Market Access professionals
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.