AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Diabetes Market Access Insights & Analytics Leader in Wilmington, Delaware
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Diabetes Market Access Insights & Analytics Leader, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
This role is responsible for leading Market Access insights and analytics for the Diabetes portfolio brands. This individual will be the I&A SME and trusted advisor of the brand leadership with regular interaction with the Diabetes Access Strategy team. The I&A Market Access Leader will be responsible for generating key insights and recommendations using variety of analytics and research techniques depending on the key business questions of the stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate across the Brand Market Access Strategy, Insight and Advanced Analytics, Finance, and Forecasting teams to analyze and triangulate information/data, determine significance, assess implications, provide analysis and communicate data to key stakeholders with recommended actions and potential scenarios
• Lead primary payer research involving AZ cross functional team members to answer key business questions. Provide recommendation and next steps to the stakeholders which allow them to maintain/gain access.
• Work with Market Access Strategy, forecasting, contracting and finance teams to identify likely impact of the payer formulary decisions and its impact on brand forecast
• Analyze impact of rebates/affordability programs on brand performance and financials • Review and analyze affordability programs and recommend changes, if needed, to stakeholders
• Present monthly payer performance to the brand teams and senior leadership
• Establish pull through targets early in the year at National and Regional level and work with Market Access Strategy and Sales teams to review monthly performance against targets and do deep dives, when required
• Lead Access reporting and analytics for MBR and QBRs for senior leadership
• Monitor and report on Access/Healthcare trends and likely impact on the business
• Provide updates on market and competitive events and likely impact on the business
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years in the pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred
• Experience conducting market access or managed care secondary analysis and primary research
• Understanding of market access landscape and evolution
• Experience in managed markets internal and external information sources including sales data reporting, analysis and customer targeting strategies/methods
• Ability to perform geographical analysis using multiple quantitative and qualitative sources to translate data into actionable recommendations. Desirable Requirements:
• Strong business acumen with ability to understand and interpret information from multiple sources
• Comfortable working in ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems.
• Ability to work with multiple matrix partners and bring consensus • Excellent informal and formal communications skills
• Highly analytical with an excellent understanding of the value and processes associated with advanced analytics, primary market research, forecasting, promotion response insights, and business intelligence
• Ability to perform analyses using Microsoft Excel and Micro Strategy or similar Business Information tools to translate data into actionable recommendations. Working knowledge of SAS or similar statistical packages.
• Experience with secondary pharmaceutical data, statistical analysis and the techniques and application of primary market research.
• Exhibit business acumen in working with research and analytics vendors
• Advanced Degree (e.g. MBA) or equivalent work experience
• Project/program management expertise
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.