AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Business Analyst - Tax Delivery Team (IFS Americas) in San José, Costa Rica
IFS Tax Delivery Team – Analyst Role
Finance continues to drive AstraZeneca’s Bold Ambition and driving the delivery of the company’s strategic priorities. Providing valuable data, analytics and insights will not only support growth but enable the science to make effective decisions and identify market opportunities. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
The creation of the Integrated Finance Solutions (IFS) centres in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San Jose (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ middle office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardisation across the globe, and a structure that will enable the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We now have a number of opportunities based in the IFS Centres for Business Analysts to support our new IFS Tax Delivery Team.
Business Analyst – Tax Delivery Team will be part of a global team of analysts with a regional focus. This is a new team which is dedicated to supporting the global Direct and Indirect Tax Compliance processes.
Working closely with Group Tax colleagues, you will deliver all aspects of accounting information necessary for direct and indirect taxes, transfer pricing, group reporting and withholding tax obligations. You will rapidly gain tax compliance and operations experience across a range of taxes and jurisdictions. The role requires an enthusiastic individual with a strong accounting capability, a commercial mindset and interest in learning about AZ’s business.
The IFS Tax Delivery Team will interface with the Group Tax team, IFS colleagues, CFOs/Finance Business Partners and 3rd Party outsource providers.
• Plan, prepare, submit underlying accounting information used to prepare AZ’s tax returns for multiple markets.
• Analyse transactional data using AZ’s data analytics capability, categorisation of fixed asset additions, identify items with tax sensitivity.
• Request supporting information for tax technical analysis.
• Support Group Tax with information for ad hoc requests, including significant tax transactions or tax audits.
• Oversee transactional data collection, accountable for coordination, review to ensure that the outputs meet tax requirements.
• Assist with the preparation of the quarterly, year-end tax provision for Group statutory reporting purposes, ensure controls framework is fully complied with.
• To assist in the preparation of AZ’s direct and indirect tax returns.
• Validate source data used in the Transfer Pricing Process.
• Perform TP calculations and process amendments, review postings made by GFO.
• Manage tax processes, escalate & resolve issues.
• Engage with Finance Functions and IT, targeting data and process improvements.
• Deliver process excellence, governance and controls.
• Support Global Tax and Finance Transformation initiatives.
• Work collaboratively with the outsource provider and other Finance stakeholders to support delivery of local tax requirements.
• Principal regions to support Canada and or US.
A passion for customers, self-motivation and a commitment to team work are key. The role is an excellent development opportunity, as it is a new team working with bespoke tax processes and supported by dedicated technology. You will be supported and encouraged to develop and expand your skills and capabilities. Experience of tax is helpful but not required.
• Qualified accountant with at least two years’ experience in taxes.
• Experience of working with SAP.
• Strong accounting skills.
• Strong data and analytical skills, and ability to use accounting systems effectively.
• Organisational and process management capability, process improvement mindset.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tax compliance events.
• Experience of working in an international organisation, including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
• Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
• English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to colleagues with a non-financial background.
• Excellent Excel skills.
• Proactive, results oriented and independent collaborator.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Team player.
• Ability to work Independently.
• Communication skills.
Other role requirements
• Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
• Flexibility and Ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
• US Visa must require.
• Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
According to the company policies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.