AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Business Analyst (FP&A IFS Americas) in San José, Costa Rica
Finance continues to drive AstraZeneca’s Bold Ambition and driving the delivery of the company’s strategic priorities. Providing valuable data, analytics and insights will not only support growth but enable the science to make effective decisions and identify market opportunities. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to follow the science and always put patients first.
AZ aims to be a Great Place to Work and enhance organizational values. We believe in doing the right thing, play to win and to be entrepreneurial.
The creation of the Integrated Finance Solutions (IFS) centers in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San Jose (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ Middle Office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardization across the globe, and a structure that is scalable to support the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We have exciting opportunities to join the team for FP&A Business Analysts to be based in the IFS Center in San Jose within the Americas Commercial Team, which will establish best practices and be responsible for providing support to embedded finance (CFOs and country business partners).
As a FP&A Business Analyst you will be working in a team of analysts to operate monthly financial analysis and reporting, perform and report the planning cycles, and develop and improve those same processes over time. You will be required to coordinate and analyze data from a variety of sources, and must acquire business acumen to generate deep analysis and provide information to support business decisions.
Your core deliverables will include:
Provide robust, quality month end financial information to business teams; gather information, provide challenge and deliver forecast, to ensure these are based on market assumptions across the business areas; deliver adequate financial input & analysis to support individuals and teams to make effective business decisions.
• Execute month-end financial reporting and analysis activities and related deliverables in a timely an accurate manner, including initial commentary and business insight.
• Validate P&L figures prior to sign off in close coordination with the Controlling team.
• Support the planning cycle processes (budgeting/forecasting) as required, according to internal guidelines and reported timely and accurately.
• Analyze complex financial information for trends, issues and opportunities and create action-oriented
reporting to assist the Commercial Team understanding business results and trends.
• Analyze current, past and future trends and scenarios for some or all P&L sections: revenue (sales trends, COGS, PVV & margin/profitability analysis, gross to net) and expenses (cost centers, brand allocation, variance analysis).
• Actively participate in initiatives for process improvement and standardization across the different business areas.
• Build effective relationships with business partners (Back Office, Embedded Finance, LatAm Area Finance and IFS team) and deliver excellent customer service.
• Ad hoc projects may be assigned as needed.
• A recognized qualification in finance, business administration, accounting, economics or any related career.
• 4+ years of relevant experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
• Use of general Microsoft Office and financial systems for planning and reporting.
• Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
• English language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management.
• Knowledge of accounting fundamentals (eg. GAAP, P&L, BS, CAPEX, accruals, cost centers).
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, complex formulas, ability to work with large databases).
• Qualified finance professional: Bachelor, Liccentiate (Licenciatura) or Master Degree. Degree level will be taking into consideration for job offer. • Experience in the pharmaceutical or retail industry considered a plus. • Proficiency in the usage of SAP, Smart View/Hyperion Financial Management.
• Cross boundary experience including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
Competences and Others
Strong analytical capabilities
Highest standards of accuracy and precision for reporting and analysis
Attention to detail
Ability to challenge information constructively
Capacity to work under pressure
Customer focus and results oriented
Ability to think creatively
Team work and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
Other role requirements
• Schedule flexibility to work on holidays and/or weekends when necessary.
• Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
• Flexibility to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
According to thecompanypolicies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COIis considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COIcontained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
• The IFS function will interface with the Back Office areas, Embedded Finance (CFOs and country business partners), LatAm Area Finance, others IFS teams and 3rd Party specialist functions.
For internal candidates: must have managers approval and one year in current role.