AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Business Analyst - Controlling Brazil (IFS Americas) in San José, Costa Rica
Finance continues to drive AstraZeneca’s Bold Ambition and driving the delivery of the company’s strategic priorities. Providing valuable data, analytics and insights will not only support growth but enable the science to make effective decisions and identify market opportunities. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to follow the science and always put patients first.
AZ aims to be a Great Place to Work and enhance organizational values. We believe in doing the right thing, play to win and to be entrepreneurial.
The creation of the Integrated Finance Solutions (IFS) centers in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San José (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ Middle Office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardization across the globe, and a structure that is scalable to support the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We have exciting opportunities to join the Controlling team as a Business Analysts to be based in the IFS Center in San José within the Americas Commercial Team, which will establish best practices and be responsible for providing support to embedded finance (CFOs and country business partners).
Role Profile Finance Analyst Controlling you will be working in a team of 6-13 analysts approximately to provide support to financial controlling activities spanning month end financial management, Balance Sheet Governance, execution and monitoring of SOX/Financial Controls, external reporting to Tax and Statutory Reporting authorities and supporting Group Treasury processes.
For commercial regions in controlling you may also be expected to support the Country Controller and any other relevant client in ensuring that statutory reports are submitted to authorities on time and collect necessary data for external auditors and prepare other statistics and central bank reporting requirements. This position, in specific, will oversee Brazilian Markets.
• Close Month Leadership (Calendar, Main point of contact, Manual Vouchers approvals, among others).
• Balance Sheet variance analysis.
• Financial consolidation.
• Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation.
• Income Statement (Preliminary and Final Figures).
• Financial Control Framework / SOX – Control Owner.
• Business Support (External & Internal Audits).
• Manage Accounting Cycle.
• Understand company’s balance sheet.
• Calendar Setup.
• Among others.
• Experience of finance and accounting is required. Self-motivation and a commitment to team work are key.
• A recognized finance or accounting qualification. Bachelor, Liccentiate (Licenciatura) or Master Degree. Degree level will be taking into consideration for job offer proposal.
• 4+ years accounting/controlling/FP&A experience where applicable.
• SAP – FIN.
• Cross boundary experience including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
• Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
• English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management.
• Accounting fundamentals – understands the basic principles of accounting (eg accruals; cost centers; budgeting).
• Executive reporting (power point presentations).
• Excellent PC skills including SAP, BW & Excel skills.
• Proactive, results oriented and independent collaborator.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Team player.
• Ability to work Independently.
• Communication skills.
Other role requirements
• Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
• Flexibility and Ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
• Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
According to the company policies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.
• Qualified finance professional, or working towards a recognized financial qualification.
• Proficiency in the use of SAP.
• For Commercial unit’s experience of working in Sales/commercial industry.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
• The IFS function will interface with the Back Office Shared Services function, Business CFOs/Finance Business Partners and 3rd Party specialist functions.