AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP District Sales Manager Oncology Hematology (Nashville, TN) in Nashville, Tennessee
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Hematology District Sales Manager in the Central District, Nashville TN, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this newly created role to support further expansion of the Hematology team, you will provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to the sales specialists in order to achieve performance objectives; this is accomplished by achieving field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring and utilization of resources aligned with organizational vision. By developing people you will drive business by observing your sales specialists’ interactions with key customers, providing him/her with individual coaching and feedback to develop them for success in current role and for future growth. As a role model and a liaison you will inspire commitment, trust, collaboration and motivation for the shared vision by facilitating team communication, morale and effectiveness within your own work unit and/or cross functional teams.
You will actively seek to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships, identifying strategic business opportunities and delivering innovative solutions. You will manage multiple priorities and resources related to individual and group efforts. Take responsibility for redirecting efforts as needed to deliver high productivity and quality of work from self and others. You will be asked to demonstrate strong business ethics, understand basic business principles and interpret resources available to make sound business decision to help achieve standards of business excellence.
· Bachelor’s degree
· A minimum of 5 years of successful Oncology sales, with experience in malignant Hematology preferred
· Prior experience as a District Manager in Pharmaceutical Sales, or equivalent experience in leading and managing high performing teams is required.
· Strong understanding of US Healthcare marketplace; especially in reimbursement, trade and distribution and Integrated Delivery Networks(IDN’s)
· Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
· Proven successful track record of selecting, developing and retaining talented individuals.
· Possess strong presentation, organizational, administrative and communication skills.
· A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
· Strong preference for candidates with prior Hematology experience
· Exposure and/or experience in other functional areas of the business (e.g. Sales Training, Customer Solutions, Sales Operations, Managed Care and Marketing)
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.