AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Commercial Sales Trainer, Lung Cancer (Gaithersburg, MD) in Gaithersburg, Maryland
The Oncology Sales Trainer designs and delivers learning and development experiences that prepare US Commercial personnel to effectively communicate the Lung Oncology Franchise and Brand messages with training solutions to the field. The Oncology Sales Trainer will be utilized as the subject matter expert regarding the product training, selling skills, and launch training space, by overseeing and managing vendors assigned to develop training content. The incumbent will work within a global, cross collaborative environment and will responsible for understanding the training needs of the Sales Force, Brand team, and will identify and implement approved training solutions. Success factors for this role include cultural and operational adaptability of training content for use across oncology business units.
· Develops learning and development experiences, partnering with AZ stakeholders to enable a high performing organization. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices.
· Develops and implements a comprehensive training curriculum that aligns with core competencies supporting the overall strategy; delivers curricula from onboarding through advanced programs.
· As appropriate, oversees and manages the training vendor relationships during the creation and build of all training materials; ensures all curricula are properly maintained and approved per AZ policies and guidelines. Ensures learning content is delivered as designed; makes recommendations to content developers to continually improve the global content and design.
· Collaborates with brands to support field sales commercial training for all product launches.
· Collaborates with key cross-functional partners to ensure the training strategy and plan are aligned with the business goals, objectives and strategies; conducts on going needs analysis and leverages insights to inform the training strategies and curricula as needed.
· Evaluates and effectively leverages existing or new vendor partners as appropriate (cost and impact) to deliver training. Facilitates content using both "off the shelf" and custom designed content.
· Participates in the selection of best in class means of training delivery and design including eLearning, self-study, computer-based training, audio/video, classroom, experiential learning, learning paths, to ensure AZ teams are trained to deliver the access and acquisition related attributes of our products and services.
· Administers learning evaluations and assessments to ensure targeted levels of effectiveness and impact of learning programs to achieve business outcomes; uses these data to inform the ongoing quality of training content.
· Maintains relationships, contact and communication with learning program participants and cohorts for coaching, follow-up and continuity of blended learning completions.
· Researches, develops and disseminates post-training support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioral change and drive improved performance and business outcomes.
· Commercial (US and Global) Leaders
· Medical (US and Global) Leaders
· Commercial Brand Leaders
· Oncology Marketing Leaders
· Sales Leadership
· Learning & Development Managers
· Commercial Learning Staff
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience delivering training in a pharmaceutical business environment
· Previous oncology experience and background
· Ability to manage a varied set of responsibilities
· Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
· MBA or MS/MA in a related field is preferred
· Lung Cancer or Immuno-Oncology specific clinical acumen preferred
· Thorough understanding of market dynamic within the therapeutic area(s)
Skills and Competencies
Minimum Skills and Competencies
Preferred Skills and Competencies
· Collaborative abilities; demonstrated experience working in cross-functional project teams and coordinating internal resources to leverage the knowledge of the full team to deliver desired results
· Credible understanding of AZ disease areas to align clinical acumen and selling skills concepts with the impacts of therapeutic applications; ability to demonstrate aptitude for continued knowledge development
· Demonstrated ability to using ongoing knowledge of applicable treatment landscape to inform the creation and deliver of learning and development events.
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author content; translate and communicate business concepts
· Strong project management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective planning of submission of project deliverables and adherence to project milestones and final deadlines
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess learners and stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve L&D challenges
· Demonstrated ability to utilize widely-known business software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite) to organize, analyze and synthesize information
· Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives.
· Understanding of Compliance, Regulatory guidelines, and accountabilities and able to ensure they are clearly represented in all commercial learning material and training classes/workshops.