AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Quality Control Associate Scientist-Global Biologics Operations in Frederick, Maryland
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Drives the implementation of new technology.
Provides technical guidance and training for lower level personnel
Serves as QC interface with MST and ABC/Development/instrument vendors
Writes, reviews and approves protocols and reports (e.g. analytical MT, MV and instrument IOQ)
Coordinates with lab managers to ensure successful execution of technical protocols, leads investigation of exceptional conditions or atypical data
Responsible for on-time delivery of new QC analytical test method and instrument SOPs in support of analytical tech transfer projects
Approves new QC analytical test method and instrument SOPs
Represents QC on or owns TrackWise records supporting introduction of new analytical technology and new products
Serves as lead investigator for non-conformance and OOS and alert investigations of highly technical nature (e.g. require test method history review and possible revision)
Assists Sr. Analyst with test method and instrument troubleshooting, review of test methods, SOP review and revision, PQR and regulatory reports etc. as needed
Conducts or participates in technically demanding projects within QC
- Majority of liaison is on internal basis . Liaison normally involves specific phases of a project or operation. External contacts may be frequent and involve routine matters
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives
Freedom to Act:
- Works under general direction. Follows established procedures to perform job requirements. No instructions needed on a routine basis. General instructions required to perform new activities or special assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Majority of liaison is on internal basis. Liaison normally involves specific phases of a project or operation. External contacts may be frequent and involve routine matters.
- Accomplishes tasks mainly as an individual contributor. May also provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
Preferred Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelors, Advanced Degrees preferred: Scientific / Biotech / Pharmaceutical field of study, 6+ years (Bachelor), 3+ years (MS)
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.