AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Senior Service Manager in Cambridge, United Kingdom
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Science & Enabling Units IT actively partners with business stakeholders to deliver cutting-edge IT capabilities to fulfil AstraZeneca’s bold ambition of delivering life changing therapies to patients. The ambition of Science & Enabling Units IT is to provide world-class expertise and leadership in technological solutions, BI Analytics and Information Delivery that empowers our Science and Enabling colleagues in the field and accelerates and improves strategic decision making for a diverse range of stakeholders. The team engages with some of the most exciting business areas within AstraZeneca and is faced with solving for a variety of complex business and IT challenges.
The Senior Service Manager is accountable for the provision of excellent IT service to the business. The role is responsible for managing a team of Capability Service Managers; and for the management of the service portfolio, roadmap and all service activities; ensuring services are fit for purpose, delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and maintained in line with evolving business requirements. As the Senior Service Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for improving existing services and ensuring that new services are developed and implemented in line with business requirements. The role will work collaboratively across global teams of business stakeholders, developers, partners, offshore support teams and vendors to successfully deliver continuous improvement and value.
A drive and passion for improving the service experience for end-users and achieving excellence in IT operations is key to the role. Candidates will be self-starters with strong organisational skills, expertise in ITIL service management and people management. This is an exciting opportunity to run and transform critical business services across AstraZeneca’s global footprint.
This candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in maturing the service model and processes and through looking for ways to drive efficiency and quality from existing on-shore and off-shore resources. The first 12 months in role will be focused on developing capabilities and supporting AstraZeneca’s shift to customer centric service delivery. Candidates should expect a team-oriented, exciting, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
• People management and leadership.
• End-to-end delivery of services across business capabilities.
• Portfolio and lifecycle management of service portfolio aligned to IT strategy,architecture, roadmaps, budgets, business priorities, and business processes.
• Acting as a single point of contact for service matters across the relevant portfolio.
• Effective management and development of a team of Capability Service Managers.
• Delivery of end to end user experience and satisfaction.
• Proactively identifying and delivering continuous service improvement within therelevant portfolio and contributing to improvement initiatives across the entire Team.
• Contributing to ways of working and operation of processes within AstraZeneca IT.
• Management of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
• Management of Service Enhancement Requests.
• Capacity planning and management; taking account of business growth and changes.
• Application risk management, along with communicating and agreeing theaggregated risk position with the IT Capability Lead and business sponsor.
• Matrix management of multiple offshore Operational Service Managers acrossfunctions; to ensure services are delivered and continually improved to the expected levels.
• Execution of application decommission (BC, execution and benefits realisation)including where appropriate the removal of service components.
• Transition and design of new services through projects and BAU.
• Act as escalation point for key service support processes, including IncidentManagement, Problem Management and Change Management.
• Management of relationships and communications with senior stakeholders.
• Service performance reporting within IT and the business; including SLA and metrics.
• Manage compliance with GxP/SoX to ensure control frameworks and testing are inplace and AstraZeneca remains compliant.
• Manage relationships with internal and external suppliers, serving as the maincontractual lead representing AZ to external supplier organizations.
• Continually review and drive supplier performance, ensuring contracts are fit for purpose.
• Negotiation and agreement of licensing deals, where appropriate using SMEs withinIT and Procurement for support.
• Maintain and apply knowledge of application technologies and industrytrends/changes external to AstraZeneca.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
·Team leadership & people line management
·ITIL v3 Foundation qualified
·Service management & IT support experience
·Ability to interpret & communicate technical information into business language
·Stakeholder relationship management
·Customer satisfaction focus
·Strong written & verbal communication skills
·Ability to work independently
·Proactive and results-oriented
·Ability to manage complex & ambiguous situations
·Degree level education
·Prior experience working in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry IT environment
·Matrix management of offshore application support teams
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.